Tips For Fall Prevention
There are a number of things that can be done to create a safe home environment, preventing falls and injury. Here is just a few.
- Keep all rooms free of clutter, especially the floors.
- Keep floors clean and dry but not slippery.
- Make sure all carpets and area rugs have skid proof backing or are firmly secured to the floor.
- Install grab bars on bathroom walls beside tubs, showers and toilets.
- Ensure that light switches are located near the entry points of each room.
If you or a loved one have had a recent fall, you may be eligible for home health services. Talk to your doctor about the options available to you.
-Carolyn Miller, Physician Liaison
PREPARE + PREVENT + RESPOND + RECOVER + MITIGATE
What Our Clients Say About Us
"My nurses are professional and caring. I consider each one of them like family." -B.P.
"I couldn't have asked for better care, they were there for me through my difficult times, couldn't ask for better nurses." -M.C.
"They take good care of me, and are always on top of everything." -B.C.